Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Rear Wheel Studs

Old 04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Udo410
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Wheel Studs

Hello all, first time on here and wanting to pick the brains of the guys that actually drive these cars. I have a rear wheel stud that seems to be broken on the back side, needless to say the tire will not come off. I just purchased this car this afternoon and doing a fwd and rear brake job when finding this out on the last stud of the last tire( figures). Any suggestions on how to remove this stud would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Rear Wheel Studs

Do you mean the stud is stripped and when you try to loosen the lug nut it just turns??
Is your car front wheel drive??

Old 04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Udo410

Greetings again, my car is a 91 base model sohc. The stud was spinning inside the rotor on the rear, seems that whomever installed the tires did so with an impact and stripped out both the rotor where the stud gets pressed in and the stud itself. Ended up paying someone $50.00 to just torch the darn thing off and then replaced all rotors, better safe than sorry down the road.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:07 PM
thestealth
Champion

Using a "hot wrench" was going to be my next suggestion...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Wheel Studs