Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

PLEASE HELP! 91 Dodge Stealth ES wont crank!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
dodgestealthes91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE HELP! 91 Dodge Stealth ES wont crank!

I have a picture of my car, but I can get it on this site because the file is to large but my stealth ES looks like the first car on your picture. What is the difference with the turbo? I can send you the picture of mine through email but not on here I sent it to dodgegirl and she made it look really weird like the pic only showed some of the door and hood.but my car looks simular to yours I would like to show it to you. Your cars are sweet how did you get into Stealths? Mine runs like adream now are urs manual or automatic mine is manual. So let me know if you want to see it. You are gonna trip put when you see how much my 91 looks like ur 92.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:53 PM
thestealth
Champion

You can email the pictures to thestealth@iwon.com

Old 07-14-2006, 08:15 PM
dodgestealthes91

I sent the picture. Tell me what u think.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
thestealth
Champion

Pretty clean ES. I'm not too fond of the blue nuts on the the wheels, but it looks good.

edit: You may want to open a photobucket account...it's free and pretty easy to use. photobucket

Old 07-14-2006, 08:36 PM
dodgestealthes91

Thanks I love it. The blue things on the tires were there so I have messed with them but their 17" rims. The interor isnt that bad except the back seat a little tears but thanks for showing me how to post my pics

Old 07-14-2006, 11:17 PM
dodgestealthes91

How do you put the pictures on here? I got the pics on that site I just dont know how to get them like yours

Old 07-15-2006, 12:51 AM
thestealth
Champion

When you make a post, look at the tool bar across the top. There is one that says [IMG]. Click that one and it will leave two blocks in brackets like this---->[IMG][/IMG] Copy and paste the URL from your photobucket account between the [IMG] brackets. Like this [IMG]your photos URL here[/IMG]

Old 07-17-2006, 01:32 AM
dodgestealthes91

ok thanks

Old 07-19-2006, 06:37 PM
dodgestealthes91

Hey,
I have a 2 questions for you. Ok first off remember I told you about how I had the clucth replaced well when I put it into 2 gear it grinds sometimes it dont but most of the time it does Do you think I need to get the clucth ajusted or do you think Im just not hitting the right gear? I know how to drive a manual I just dont know why sometimes it hits the right way but other times it doesnt. Second question sometime white smoke comes out the muffler. The muffler is pretty good size. Everyone tells us its just been sitting and thats why. I dont know I just dont want it to be a big promblem later on when I might be able to identify what it is now besides that it runs good.oh I couldnt get the pics on here I did it the way you told me but it just keep saying it not putting the picture there. Im not sure what I did wrong lol

Old 07-19-2006, 07:27 PM
thestealth
Champion

Does it normally grind at higher RPM's?? That could be a couple of issues; 1. the gear synchro's are starting to wear out. 2. the shift fork could be bent or worn. Try replacing the fluid with a quality gear oil, something like GM SynchroMesh. That might slow the wear.

More than likely it is the valve stem seals. Nothing can really be done except replace them. That can be costly if you cannot do it yourself.
If it is not the VSS, it could be the worn rings. Have you had a compression check performed?

Not sure why you are having trouble posting pictures...?

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! 91 Dodge Stealth ES wont crank!