Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Idle/Revving problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:02 AM
zoso
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle/Revving problem

I was curious about a minor problem my Stealth was having. When I drive it for about the first 15-30 minutes, the car idles weird. With the clutch pushed in or it in neutral, it revs between 1100-1700 RPMS, sometimes staying at 2200. When it is in gear, I can feel as if it were in cruise control because it continues going the same speed with my foot of the gas. I read the post about the IAC sensor and was wondering if this is the same situation. The problem does stop after a while and doesnt start up again until the engine has been off for hours.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:47 AM
Fiery Red XIII
Default RE: Idle/Revving problem

Is your stealth TT or NA? Sorry, need more info b4 I try to even think of a diagnosis!

Red

Old 07-25-2006, 03:35 AM
zoso
Rookie

It's a 93 ES

Old 07-25-2006, 02:37 PM
thestealth
Champion

I would think that a faulty IAC would either be bad or not. It's strange that the problem goes away. Could be an ECU nearing it's demise or another sensor on it's way out.

Quick Reply: Idle/Revving problem