Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Just bought, Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Skyshroudterror
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought, Need some help

Hi, first time poster long time reader...
I bought a 1992 Dodge STealth RT from a dealer. And it sounded and ran good on the test drive.... The next day it started making a grinding sound w/e I turn the key, but my bro says its just a noise, its not a def issue right now... But then It started stalling alot.. Like I'll get in my car and it wont keep a steady rpm, SO I then started to warm my car up before I took off, that started working good for a li while... But now even If I warm it up first, I'll start going in reverse, and when I push down the clutch and hit the brake, it stalls.. So I'll start it up and go into first, then stalls... Ive also noticed it stalls when im coasting at a real slow speed, like at 5mph... If I drive it for like 10 mins straight, its all good, runs great.. It only acts up when I first start it up...... Well now that I think about it, the other day I was driving around town, and when I went to go get gas, the car stalled while I was coasting over some speedbumps.... Im not very good at explaining, but if you need further detail, I can give it another go.. Could anyone help me out.......

Old 07-29-2006, 11:30 PM
stealthguy
Default RE: Just bought, Need some help

My car does the exact same thing when you first start it up. Not really sure what it is, but eventually i will be able to figure it out. Hope you figure out the problem.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
ts20racing

Sounds like it could possibly be an intake leak.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
mikey8712

not so sure about the grinding you heard.....but maybe the stalling can be a speed sensor. have you had any problems with the speedometer? because if the speed sensor goes, then when you are decelerating the ECU cant really determine what speed you are at and so will stall because it can get "confused". i had a similar problem on one of my cars and it also seemed to go away after a while of constant driving. this problem is often real visual with the speedometer having problems. so if youve seen that it may be your problem.

Quick Reply: Just bought, Need some help