Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Not Turning over

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:27 PM
1DodgeMore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Turning over

Hello all my name is Scott and i just recently did a water pump job on a 75 Olds Omega for my 92 Dodge Stealth ES. I pick it up tomorrow. My problem is that when he was driving it he ended up overheating the engine. After reaching the red zone and maintaining that for a while the car shut off. The coolant system has a lot of rust and shot hot rusty water out of the coolant cap when he opened it (Dummy). I was wondering what kind of specs the ES model has compared to the RT and RT/TT as well as what might be the culprit of the problem. Any help will be much oliged.

Ps. Also where can i find a manual for it? All of the local auto stores didn't have it and couldnt even order it for me. I live in Florida.
Thx

Old 09-10-2006, 06:49 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Not Turning over

A manual can be bought from the dealer, 3sx also carries manuals.
The ES has the same engine as the non-turbo RT.
Thermostat stuck closed?

Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 PM
1DodgeMore

Thanks for the suggestion "The Stealth". I had a delay in getting it and ended up getting it today. Ill check the thermostat tomorrow and probably run a head restore to temporarily get it running. Turns out it turns over but wont start most likely due to the loose timing belt and head problem. a couple other questions i had are does the ES have the ECS? if so where is the switch for it? and what is the difference in the RT and ES. The motors may be the same but what makes the RT an RT and the ES an ES. Thx for the advice will keep updated with info.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:41 PM
moparman139

about your overheating problem, there is also a crossover tube that goes from the water pump to the other side of the engine under the intake and i on my 92 es the o rings had gone bad and it would leak coolant. i was also told that sometimes the tube rusts out so it would be a good idea to check this too when doing the water pump

Old 09-11-2006, 05:49 PM
1DodgeMore

I found a sliced water hose connecting to the back of the motor so i found the water leakage. I also found out im getting spark but no fuel. Is there a cutoff switch or reset button for the fuel pump? if so where is it?
PS heads may not be as messed up as thought of before.
Thx

Old 09-12-2006, 03:15 AM
moparman139

there is a test wire for the fuel pump, in the manual it looks like its next to the battery. its a spade type connector. if you run a power wire to it, the pump should run if not you might have a bad ground or a loose or broken hot wire. i think there is a fuse or relay in the electrical box near the battery too

Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 PM
1DodgeMore

Thx will try it. I recently noticed that the stealth is flooding severly whenever i turn it over. Any Solutions for this?

Old 09-12-2006, 11:04 PM
moparman139

i think your car is possesed . how long ago did you notice the flooding problem. before or after it overheated.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:41 AM
1DodgeMore

Dont relly know. The guy who had it before me overheated it. most likely After the overheating.

Quick Reply: Not Turning over