Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

no charge, battery keeps dying? PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:57 AM
ErR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no charge, battery keeps dying? PLEASE HELP

well i had my stealth for about a year now and i've had quite a bit of electrical problems, first my power window on driver side breaks then about a month later i was headed to work when the car just shut off, no charge, got alternator rebuilt three times, finally my buddy redid the wires and got it started but it died again? is it my radio wiring that kills it, cause i took out the deck, too scared to put it back in? and now my car makes these grinding noise when i start drivin? CAN PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!I LOVE THAT CAR..

Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
DrPain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a 92 dodge stealth ES and it has battery drain issues. Checking with a voltometer and the number of amps (its drawing 5.3 amps) while the car is off. I have unplugged all the fuses and relays i can find so far and no luck in reducing the amps. I also unplugged the alternator and starter (disconnecting starter dropped 0.9 amps), but again no luck. Also disconnected circuits and light bulbs for trunk lights, door lights, hood lights. Still no luck. Any ideas on what is drawing the battery down?

Quick Reply: no charge, battery keeps dying? PLEASE HELP