Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

New Stealth Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:56 PM
stealthGALnKY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Stealth Owner

I have drooled over the Stealth forever!!!!! Finally ran across one and the price was right - purchased a 1992 Red Dodge Stealth - 5 speed - body needs some very minor work - interior is great with exception of the vents on the top of the dash - mine are curled up in the corners - any suggestions for fixing these? or can you replace them? seems like we have a hard time finding parts for this car - even at the car parts place my husband works at! I was relieved to find this forum - I have spent 1/2 a day reading the post & have found it most informative. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer . . . . . . . .

Old 01-16-2007, 01:12 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: New Stealth Owner

Welcome to the club.

Cracked defrost vents are a common problem. They can be replaced, but you have to remove the dash to do so.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Stealthypoo

Yep... I'm a stealth owner myself, I know a few people that have had stealths, and know/have talked to people that have stealths a lot (funny how madly in love with stealth owners are with their vehicles-- if people that have one see me with mine they just come up andtalk to me and we show off our stealths). Needless to say...those stupid vents are always broken! Mine are as well...and I don't entend on getting new ones. They'll just break again. I've met one person that had metalish ones on his Stealth though...

Old 01-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Willis_93ES
Veteran

my vents were when i got mine. and also the tweeter vents. my friend gave me both of the vents off of his 96

Old 01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
skate_or_die2008
Rookie

Join the club, the bents on my dash are curled up and popping out. Its because befor i bought my stealth it set out in the sun all the time at this car lot and baked the dash prety much. The reason it sayed there so long was because it had a blown motor ... well it still has a blown motorbut i found some one that would help me rebuild it when i buy the parts.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:29 PM
twinturbo

buddy right you have to remove dash to install when you install new ones put little rubber on don't over tighten this will allow vents to flex without cracking dave black has a good pic for dash removel ..

Quick Reply: New Stealth Owner