Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

what is the ECS button for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
92stealth
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the ECS button for?

just wondering my car has it and i have no idea what it does. i push it and nothing happens.
i also notice that there are wires down by were your feet go when driving and if i hit them a curtain way the touring light comes on in the dash all the way to the right. Is that the suspension? is that what the ecs is (electroniclly controled suspension)?i guess all have to make sure all those wires are tight.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: what is the ECS button for?

ECS = Electronically Controlled Suspension.

It has 2 modes, Sport and Touring. When you press the button, it should change over to the Sport setting. It is noticeably stiffer than the Tour setting.

Each strut has a solenoid on top of it (under the little black covers on the front strut tower), and a control module on the passenger side of the hatch, near the fuel filler line.

Wires hanging under the dash enough that your feet are getting tangled is not good.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:09 PM
92stealth
Professional

there not hangine like you think there just "exposed" my feet are big so they hit the wires, i guess there lose because the light comes on and says tour every time i hit the wire, if i dont hit the wire then theres no light. and if i hit the button nothing happens.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:40 AM
Carcharodont
Rookie

Pretty much what thestealth said. You should be able to notice the firmness of the Suspension whenever you switch between sport/touring. Sport makes your suspension harder but handling better, Touring is softer and recommended for in city limits. Also if it isn't working, I recommend you get ahold of an extra ECS module and hook it up to see if yours is defective or not. Your ECS Unit is located in your hatch on the right side where your right tail light is (got to remove the carpet piece and cargo container as well as plastic wall to get to it, where it will have two cables hooked up and is held to the frame wall by three screws). Also I would consult a Chrysler/Dodge Manual for your vehicle and look at different conditions as to what could cause yours to not work. All you need is a 5 dollar Analog Voltmeter and just follow the series of long/short sweeps and find out what code it is and treat as needed.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:44 PM
92stealth
Professional

k i have another parts car that i saw the ecs unit in so maybe i will switch them out. a 92 and 91 are the same right? also i dont think its bad i just think its a lose wire by the dash, considering if i hit it with my foot or touch it with a finger it turns on in the dash.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:30 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

you can try fixing the wires, and i don't think there was much change in 91-93 cars wich are first gen anyway

Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Carcharodont
Rookie

Hey 92Stealth, I am curious what all you have remaining on that wreck you have. It is a Twin Turbo right? If you were able to get on AIM that would be preferable cuz I have a few questions to ask you.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:05 PM
92stealth
Professional

ok, i dont have AIM but i do have Yahoo messanger and MSN, if you feel up to getting them just add me at diritrider22089@yahoo.com.
thanks

Old 10-01-2021, 02:45 PM
cbarbrow25
Default ECS switch location

Ok so i may have already answered my own question, but a definite answer would be appreciated. I recently got a 93 Stealth R/T (non turbo) and i know it has the ECS and the tour/spot on my gauge cluster comes on. And on all the other models that have ecs have the switch right beside the rear washer switch on the right side of the steering wheel on the lower dash, but mine has no button. Just a little dummy button sits in its place. The connector for a switch is behind it, but is it in a different location on 93 rt na models or am i correct in thinking whoever had it before switched it with a dummy button?

Quick Reply: what is the ECS button for?