Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 AM
t4dude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injectors

My old question that i still have not found a naswer to. I know that by upgrading the injectors in a n/a car can give you pretty big gains in my friends cavalier hey jumped 19hp at the wheels with new bigger injectors a friend with a grand prix gt also did the same but got 15hp more at the wheels. But if the injector is to big it can also make it worse. The stock injectors on a n/a stealth are 210cc and are of the saturated type. The ones on the turbo's are 360cc and are the peak and hold type. The jump between the sizes is fair and should help gain more hp but im not sure. The cavalier jumped over 200cc for his injectors and it help tremendiously. Would the 360cc turbo stealths injectors help the n/a gain more power too?

Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
falcon66
Rookie
Default RE: fuel injectors

I would think that the computer monitors and adjusts the fuel per the air/fuel ratio, but I don't know that much about fuel injection.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:56 AM
alan92rttt
Rookie

Larger injectors will only allow you to achive extra HP if your current injectors can not support the HP your engine can produce. The stock NA injectors can meed the demands of the Stock NA engine. An upgrade is only required if you make modifications.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:19 AM
t4dude
Captain

The car is going to be modded and the reason im getting the bigger injectors is for the massive airflow im going to be getting from my dual ram air and nice long heads with the y pipe exhaust with two super40's out the back plus my other mods. They actually will be a help and gain me more hp! ive done my reasearch and a really cool site is rc engingering they have a calculator so you can calculate your injectors flow rate and the hp you will get out of them ect. I am even considering getting the 675$ water injection kit which will pretty much super cool the air into my engine and there for even more horse! There area alot of ways to make the n/a fast that most people dont do.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:15 AM
alan92rttt
Rookie

The stock ECU can not control injectors that large. How do you plan to deal with that?

Old 04-01-2007, 10:44 PM
t4dude
Captain

Im sending my ecu to jetchips to get it rebuilt and recalibrated i thought that would do it?Jetchipsare telling me its gunna be alot nicer then getting a chip what they are doing and even better they think it will be able to.If not ill find a way will the tt's ecu connect to my car if not?

Quick Reply: fuel injectors