Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

03 Stratus, a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 AM
st0n3r
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Stratus, a few questions

Ok so i put an aftermarket alpine cd unit in the dash, now the climate control units molding didnt fit perfectly so it took a little man power "kinda bashing" to get it to fit properly. ever since than the center **** to go from cold to hot doesnt seem to function properly. it stays blowing cold air. ive taken it out to ensure i didnt break anything but nothing looked bad, dont think it to be the thermostat as the engines temp still goes within its normal range, never runs more than 1/4th the way to the top. ive read a lot of things and seen try that its a cheap try it out, but i just moved across country and that $15 can be used on other things, dodge dealer wants me to bring it in and drop it off for diagnostics, but again thats money i cant really afford at the moment. any suggestions? ive found the climate control unit for my car on ebay for $29 plus $15 for shipping, havent checked on junkyards yet, but anything else more feasible to try replacing? i mean it worked fine till my agression took over.

also the idle seems to spurt around, kinda like a mini surge, has new plugs "bosch 2" and new plug wires, car has about 75k miles. dealer i bought it from had it for a bit of time and couldnt figure it out, tried gas additives etc. havent had a fuel system flush though, but when im driving it, its runs fine, now if i have to floor it im kinda scared as it doesnt "feel / seem" right, im afraid its going to blow up, but ill hafta drive it and try it again to be able to describe the feeling better, more worried on the lack of warm air lol.

the blower blows out fine, just seems that when i turn the **** to hot air its not registering on something.

thanks

Old 04-05-2007, 04:19 PM
BloodRed
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 03 Stratus, a few questions

sounds like you broke something when you bashed everything back together. when replacing the head unit, everything should go back on realy easy, if not, you are doing something wrong. My guess is something broke on the back side of your heater controlls. If you are able to, follow it back to see if you can find what is wrong.

As for the problem with the "surge," I suggest cleaning your trottle body and see if it goes away. You are up in the milage that it should be cleaned. My '04 Coupe had some problems sputtering during acceleration and it ended up being a bad coil pack.

Quick Reply: 03 Stratus, a few questions