Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Help...what should i do??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
keywestgurl69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...what should i do??

Okay, now I bought a used 2004 Dodge Stratus two weeks ago, and yesterday when I got into my car and turned the key, the check engine light came on, so i went by Discount Auto and got a diagnostic on it, and it comes up P0441 - EVAP Emmission, Control System, Purge Flow Vault. Can someone tell me what that is and also, other than taking it to the dealership what I can do to get this taken care of to get it straightened out and have the check engine light turn off?? I would really appreciate it ... If it does require going to the dealership, what should I ask them, and kind of estimate of what it will cost to get straightened out??? THanks alot...

Old 04-07-2007, 05:54 AM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: Help...what should i do??

SOMETIMES a parts store will look the other way and let you play with the scanner to clear the code. some codes can't be cleared by discon the batt for 1/2 hr. just look at what the part store does to check the code. check the gas cap to make sure it IS tight, the seal isn't bad and you do not have any cracked or broken rubber hoses going to/from the motor (it has quite a few). good luck.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:27 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what in the world is the EVAP Emmision, control system purge flow vault? sounds scary.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:23 AM
tomthedog
Captain

it's a typo. itshould be "EVAP monitor detects insuffcient vapor flow" fault. sounds like a loose gas cap or leaking vac hose issue.

Quick Reply: Help...what should i do??