Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Cold Air Intake for R/T 3.0 V6 2001 stratus

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 AM
lethalphoenix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake for R/T 3.0 V6 2001 stratus

Hello, Ive recently installed a cold air intake onto my 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T, I was succesfull replacing the stock intake, after I was done I decided to take it for a spin. After my joy ride, theres a smell of rotten eggs coming from the exhaust.... Ive never had this smell before, is this bad? keep in mind Ive added a cold air intake. Thanks for your support

Old 04-08-2007, 05:47 AM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: Cold Air Intake for R/T 3.0 V6 2001 stratus

no idea. try putting the old intake back on and see if goes away. if it does, the new intake might be screwing with the A/F ratio. if it's still the same might be an O2 sensor that's jacked up.good luck.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:13 PM
lethalphoenix

i was thinking maybe it was the catalyst converter receiving alot of air, creating that smell. Thanks alot!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
BloodRed
Professional

A bad cat will smell like rotten eggs. You should still be able to get it replaced under the factory warrenty. If I remember right every car now days comes with a 7 year, 70K-100K mile warrenty on the cat no matter what. I am guessing it had nothing to do with the CAI, you just noticed it after installing it. Also, if you didn't, you are to unplug your battery while installing the CAI. This will cause the computer to reset when you hook it back up and learn the new A/F ratio. If you don't do that, installing the CAI will do nothing, it will just run with the old preset A/F ratio.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:17 AM
lethalphoenix

ORIGINAL: BloodRed

A bad cat will smell like rotten eggs. You should still be able to get it replaced under the factory warrenty. If I remember right every car now days comes with a 7 year, 70K-100K mile warrenty on the cat no matter what. I am guessing it had nothing to do with the CAI, you just noticed it after installing it. Also, if you didn't, you are to unplug your battery while installing the CAI. This will cause the computer to reset when you hook it back up and learn the new A/F ratio. If you don't do that, installing the CAI will do nothing, it will just run with the old preset A/F ratio.
Hmm, very interesting. Ive been using it for 3 days now and no rotten egg smell but it only happend on day 1. Thanks alot for the information

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake for R/T 3.0 V6 2001 stratus