Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Wiper Blade Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
pvr02
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Blade Problem

Recently I started to notice that my wiper blades were not cleaning the rain off of the window as it should. It was leaving a pretty big (maybe 6in by 8in area) wet spot (looks like it didn't touch it) after the blade had passed. Since I had the car for 1.5 years I assumed they were going bad. I went to autozone and picked up a new set of blades which appeared to have solve the problem when I tested it out after installing them. However most of my driving is done on the highway. Yesterday I started to notice it doing the exact same thing in the same spot. The slower I got the more it cleaned off.

If I was going 70mph it would miss alot
If I was going 45mph it would miss only a small portion
If I was going 30mph it would get it all

Any suggestions? 90% of my driving is done at 70mph and it is really a pain to see out the window with the blade constantly not cleaning that part of the window.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:12 PM
BloodRed
Professional
Default RE: Wiper Blade Problem

Sounds like you got some cheap wiper blades. Pay a little extra and get the more expensive ones.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:17 PM
andrewjb2003
Default RE: Wiper Blade Problem

try getting more expensive ones, that ahd slots on the back to let the air through. at 70mph the wind is lifting the blades up

Quick Reply: Wiper Blade Problem