Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

blower only running on high

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:39 PM
alli1970
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower only running on high

1999 Stratus - blower will only operate on high, is it the resistor? if so, where is is located so that I can replace it?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: blower only running on high

The blower motor resistor is located on the lower right side of the heater housing. REMOVAL[*]Remove lower right underpanel silencer/duct.[*]Disconnect wiring connectors on blower motor resistor.[*]Remove blower motor resistor retaining screws.[*]Pull blower motor resistor out of heater housing [/ol]

Old 07-18-2007, 12:57 AM
cryptanalyst

This is such a common problem for Stratus. I have this problem and I see people having it all over the forums. I think Dodge should make a recall and replace the resistors in all cars. What do you think?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

Y have a recall because u dont want to spend money on something?? do u even know what a recall is for?? I would say no u dont.
A recall is for a part,software,or any issue that MAY CAUSE damage to the car or people in car. So tell me how a blower motor not working on anything but high will cause damage to any one.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 PM
tacoboy
Professional

That reminds me of a question I have regarding this. I have experienced this a few times with my Stratus - kind of annoying but I actually fix my resistor instead of letting Dodge have any more of my money. Right now my blower doesn't run on low. If I have the A/C on, will the A/C lines eventually freeze up because the air is not being vented at this speed? I'm just lazy to fix it - I'll wait until another setting doesn't work before I fix it yet again.

Quick Reply: blower only running on high