Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus 1998 Immobilizer

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 07:20 AM
dodgefan9987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus 1998 Immobilizer

Hi guys!

I have a problem with my immobilizer. Apparently, the sole remaining remote control is broken. Changing the RC's batteries didn't help.

I wonder now if it's possible to remove the entire immobilizer. I've read here that the immobilizer was part of an option pack offered to dealers.

Is it possible? Can authorized Chrysler/Dodge dealers remove the immobilizer?

For now I've opted for a new system, but it will notlet me operate the power door locks once installed. So I'd have to use the keys to open the doors, and the new remote control for disabling the immobilizer.

Are there any other possibilities?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Stratus 1998 Immobilizer

the immobilizer is basicly the alarm system. Do u want the alarm or keyless entry removed?
If u want the alarm removed u cant, software is burnt inot the pcm and bcm that says it has an alarm so if u remove any part of it that part will not work correctly and either the bcm or pcm will not allow the car to start. U can bypass using the keyless entry to disable the alarm by either locking and unlocking in the driver or passanger side door,depends on where the key ring is at. Some are also in the trunk now thats also depends if the key switches are working correctly.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:42 PM
dodgefan9987

I have an immobilizer that turns off the motor after 1 second if no button has been pressed on the remote control.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

huh??? a key fob will only unlock your doors and turn off the alarm. If the alarm is activly going off u cant start the car ne way. DO u have an aftermarket system installed??? does the key fob u have say dodge ne where on it and on the back does it have a part number like 5602xxxx???

Old 02-07-2008, 09:01 AM
motornut1965

Can you tell me the exact locations of the PCM and the BC, I am locked out of the car as far as starting and it dies, They say I need to replace on eor both of these but I need the ## of each, my car is a 96 Stratys with the 2.4 and keyless entry only but the key fob has beennlost

Quick Reply: Stratus 1998 Immobilizer