Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007 | 04:26 AM
Scamz
|
Default Leaking?

i just noticed this recently although i have no idea how long its been going on. The whole drivers side carpeting is soaking wet, and have no idea where it is coming from. i have a 2001 stratus rt. the A/C pipes i noticed today were very hot and so were the radiator hoses. Maybe the leak is comign from there but there is no smell in the car. any input would be great before i take it in somewhere and waste money thanx

Old 08-05-2007 | 05:28 AM
estneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: Leaking?

has it rained latly?....if notthe best bet is take the carpet out and keep an eye on where it's coming from(its way easyer when the carpet is out) then track it from there....but take the carpet out anyways if it stays it will get mold and thats bad.

if it has rained or you have washed your carmost neons and some stratus'sare bad at leaking in the trunk and into the interior by the tailightsand some times the doorscheck and make sure the trunk is not wet.

Old 08-05-2007 | 01:08 PM
Scamz
|

noope to rain or got it washed been dry, im in jersey, yeah ill try takin out the carpet but how much of a pain in the *** is that"?its not sewctioned off is it? its one big piece for thw whole car i thought

Old 08-05-2007 | 06:40 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

if you want to remove the whole thing and not just pull up the drivers side and peek you have to remove the seats,middle console,bottom back seat,thats all i can think of for now theres probably a few more thing to do

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:57 PM
littlepunk29
Amateur

Everyone always tells me this is the symptom of a bad heater core. It will smell HORRIBLE if the water molds or anything.

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:21 PM
lngbrding
Professional

That would make sense. I have the same problem in my '01 R/T. Generally I'll drive it with the roof open / windows down / AC off and have no problems. When my wife drives it though the AC goes on again and viola'... Driver's side carpet is wet. Back when I noticed that it was only an issue if the AC had been on, I found the little drian hose on the fire wall and blew all the crap out of it thinking it just wasn't draining but the problem still persists. I assume this'll be a few hundred bucks.[:-]

Quick Reply: Leaking?