Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:51 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Driver's Side Front Door Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 AM
chiefload
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Side Front Door Replacement

Good morning all. My step-son's 1998 ES needs a new driver's side front door. Looks like I can get a 2000 SE door in reasonable condition and at a reasonable price. Being an Intrepid owner, I do have a FSM manual for my Trep, but nothing really on the Stratus to work with/use as a reference manual. Should the 2000 SE door pretty much be 'plug-and-play' on a 1998 ES? Both doors have PW, PL, PM... Not sure what color the inside door panel is on the 2000 car, but figure if the color is a miss-match to the 1998, I can just swap the door panels from the 1998 to the 2000 door. Are my assumptions correct? Has anybody done a straight door-swap like this? Any trouble spots, things that can bite you, don't line up, etc etc?

Thanks for any info...

Marty

Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 PM
mediclev
Default RE: Driver's Side Front Door Replacement

all i know about these doors are that the pins used in the hinges are not re-usable. before you take them out, make sure you have the new ones ready. youll also need to adjust the lock on the new door to fit the the catch on the body. that can be done after installation using the holes on the door jamb. i never personally replaced a strat door, but i have worked one the cars long enough to know the parts are interchangable.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 AM
chiefload
Default RE: Driver's Side Front Door Replacement

Thanks Mediclev. I replaced the door yesterday. Left the hinge in place, removed the bolts on the door side of the hinge (easier to get to vs the bolts on the car side). Didn't touch the hinge pins at all. Once it was in place, the only thing I had to do is loosen the bolts one more time, shift the door a bit to get an even gap and that was it. The biggest pain actually was getting the electric connector out. Found the easiest to be to remove the door first, support it on jack stands with someone holding it, and slide it out a couple inches. That opened up enough space to get to the front clip that holds the electrical connector in place.

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Front Door Replacement