Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Car Alarm Went Off - Car Won't Start Now!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Nofx568
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Alarm Went Off - Car Won't Start Now!

I had to change the battery on my 2000 Dodge Stratus today, and when I did so, the car alarm started going off. Now after changing the battery, the car won't start. When I open the door the car alarm will go off, and when I try to use the key in the ignition nothing happens. I don't have the factory alarm in this car, and since I bought this car used I don't know exactly what kind of alarm is in it or how I can find out. Now the car is completely disabled, but I finally got the alarm to stop by removing the ignition fuse. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to solve this problem? I would ideally like to avoid having to bring it to a garage since I'd have to have it towed there, then I'd have to pay to have them fix the problem, and then next time I need to change the battery I'd probably have to do the same thing all over again. If anyone needs any more information about the car, just let me know and I'll post back here. I'll check this frequently. Thanks for any help.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:12 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: Car Alarm Went Off - Car Won't Start Now!

you will have to find the alarm module.. more than likely under the dash.. driver side.. it is tapped into the main ignition harness.... do this...

1. disconnect the battery...
2.unhook the whole damn mess... pull the wires... all of them.. off of the module...
3. hook the wires you just disconnected back up to each other.. color code them.. red to red.. orange to orange.. etc.. make sure the colors are correct!!!!!
4. tape em up good.. or use connectors to hook them up...
5. hook up the battery
6. Drive the car

Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Nofx568

I can't seem to be able to find the alarm module. I tried looking under the driver's side and passenger's side dashboard, but I didn't see anything. Is it maybe necessary to disassemble the dashboard somehow to get inside of it? This problem is very frustrating, and I'm without a car until I can fix it. []

Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Kissmyne

I've noticed alot of newer cars won't start right after you remove the battery... they are usually equipped with a keyless entry/antitheft system.. the system is automatically triggered when power is removed from the system... i.e. battery replacement.. the solution i have found for those application is simply to press the unlock button on the keyless entry remote... even if the car is unlocked... this will work with aftermarket solutions generally...

This may or may not fix your issue... hope it helps..

Quick Reply: Car Alarm Went Off - Car Won't Start Now!