Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Speedo not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
wamphyri
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo not working

A friend of mine has a 2000 Stratus, the tach is working, but the speedo does not register. CEL light on. Any ideas?
Also how do you get the CEL code to pop up on the digital odometer? I have a 2005 Neon and all i have to do is turn the key on-off-on-off-on, is this the same for the stratus?
Thanks

Old 09-13-2007, 01:28 PM
procras108n
Default RE: Speedo not working

If you hold the trip/odometer reset button in while you turn the key to 'run' (not all the way to start) a self test of the instrument panel should begin. It will test the guages, idiot lights, odometer, and gear selector. That should tell you if the speedo gauge is working. I believe you will need an OBDII scanner to check any codes on a 2000 as the ignition key method doesn't work on a newer model stratus.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:14 PM
BloodRed
Professional

My guess is the speed sensor, but take it in and get those codes read. Most autoparts stores now have the readers and will run them for you for free.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:44 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

The output speed sensor is for the speedo. replace the senor and reck. if it still don't work then you may have an open wire at the connector.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
abecker7596

this happened to me a couple weeks ago. i tried to hard wire a radar detector and i used the instrument fuse to do that. it blew the fuse and i didnt realize it. it through the cel and my gauges didnt work. try just checking all the fuses in the car.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Speedo not working