Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Getting subwoofer powercord under the hood..

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Etaniel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting subwoofer powercord under the hood..

Does anyone know how can I do that? I can't find any spot to connect it to the battery.. I'm thinking of making a hole.. but I'm not sure where is the best place to do it.. Any susggestions?

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT coupe

Thanks, and sorry for my english

Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
mynewstratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting subwoofer powercord under the hood..

I just did it yesterday on my 2001 Stratus Coupe. It took some time (mostly since I had to find this myself), so make sure you have a few hours and (I'm not sure if it will be exactly the same on the 2004)

If you look under the steering weel, on the left side there will be a bunch of wires going through the left "wall" of the car. This will be where you will thread the wire (i did it from the outside in, but I guess it doesnt matter as long as you know where it is). I used a long screwdriver with the cable taped to it, and pierced the rubber seal around those cables.

Now before you do that you will have to take off the plastic "shield" (or whatever it's called) under the driver's side fender. Thats the black plastick on the inside) This will enable you to see where those cables are coming out.

The cable will then go around the fender (on top of that black plastick cover) and all the way in the front of the wehicle. When you open the hood you will see a bunch of cables threaded through a hole on the fender on the same side as your cable. This is the hole you want to thread the cable to, and then to the battery.

It is a bit tricky, not dificult, but a little aboying.

good luck amigo!

Quick Reply: Getting subwoofer powercord under the hood..