Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 Stratus ES Copue (another radio question)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:38 AM
mynewstratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Stratus ES Copue (another radio question)

well I just bought my first Stratus today!!! and I love it.

Unfortunately the stereo is just the factory Tape/Radio (no cd) but I see it has cd changer buttons on it.
My brother is giving me his sony car cd changer for free, would I be able to hook it up to the factoru radio, and if yes, where do I start ?

Thanks guys!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:19 PM
BloodRed
Professional
Default RE: 2001 Stratus ES Copue (another radio question)

I am pretty sure those buttons were for the optional factory CD changer. I doubt an aftermarket one will work. But I may be wrong. I would check with some of the car audio company like Crutchfield and they should be able to help you out there.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:19 PM
mynewstratus
Default RE: 2001 Stratus ES Copue (another radio question)

i ordered some cable that "looks" like the one I need (it was only 8 bucks so I'm not loosing much if its wrong) ,

I'm waiting on that, and hopefully it will work. I also ordered a remote key fob thingy, and I hope that my car has what it takes to program and use one of those on it.

I also stared threading a power wire from the battery to the trunk, for my subwoofer amp, and this turned out to be a major task, took me 3 hours just to get it from the engine to the front console ... tomorrow the rest of the way

thanks!

Quick Reply: 2001 Stratus ES Copue (another radio question)