Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

buying viper hood

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:01 PM
abecker7596
Default RE: buying viper hood

well, i know that carbon fiber costs more money, but it looks kooler. but it doesnt really matter. thx for the ebay post thingy, i might just do that. i got a guy that will paint for free for me, my crew chief owns a painting place. but still if anyone has one for sale, reply and i get to u as soon as possible

[/align]

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:42 PM
nate_0022
Captain

In my opinion you should go with the fiberglass, a lot of people complain about the CF hoods because the weave in them is terrible, that's why I decided to get mine painted.

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:53 PM
nate_0022
Captain

A pic of the viper hood installed.

Old 10-04-2007 | 09:32 PM
abecker7596

that actually looks good exept the hood pins. let me know where u can find it at for purchasing, i am looking to buy very soon

Old 10-05-2007 | 12:30 AM
nate_0022
Captain

Talked to the owner of the car above, this is what he wrote to me

"as for the hood, to make a long story short.... a guy in maryland, i cant think of the shop right now, made these 10 or so hoods. i saw them, contacted him, and ended up meeting him halfway between my house and his shop with a truck so i didnt have to pay shipping. he guaranteed it would fit, yada yada, and when i got home, sure enough it hit the strut towers and the hood wouldnt close.
so i contacted him and told him about him, he said he didnt know, refunded most of my money, and i grinded down the strut towers to make it fit (cuz i just had to have it).
then, greg (pharmecis) got ahold of the guy, and got the hoods, and tried to fix the situation by remolding them a little bit. that was about two years, and im 99% sure that he couldnt do it for a way that would benefit him financially. it just wasnt worth it.
so, i dont know if greg has anymore hoods left over, or what he did with them, but if you really wanted one, he'd be the man to talk to."

So if you wanted to get a hold of PharmEcis on the 2gstratus.org website he can maybe help you out.

Quick Reply: buying viper hood