Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Charching problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:53 PM
51packard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charching problems

New to forum and I have a question, I have a friend that i have been helping with on his 1998 stratus with a 2.4liter standard trans.
This is what is happening, while driving the lights go dim, then the battery light comes on, then the car dies. He replaced the battery and it ran for a few days than it died. He than called me I checked battery voltage while it was running and it was not charging. I replaced the alternator and checked output about 13.5volts, Car ran fine for about 4 days and then it did the same thing. I assumed it was the alternator again since there was no voltage produced from the atlernator. I then replaced it and checked the output, I noticed that the battery is actually discharging while the car is running, once the car is shut off the battery voltage goes up a little. Has any body ever have this type of problem?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:30 PM
quikStrat98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charching problems

Yes i have my car went dead and wouldnt start, so i changed batteries, and it worked for awhile like 3-4 days, and would get the same result after jumpstarting it and still would do the 3-4 day thing, now I had soemeone tell me that it could be the starter, but i would also try cleaning the battery terminals, im going to try that soon well good luck

Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Charching problems

Hows the ground? If its not grounded properly, it cant make a good circuit, and wont charge.

Quick Reply: Charching problems