Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'04 Stratus Low Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
nullvector
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Stratus Low Oil Pressure

Hey guys,

A question here about my low oil pressure light.

I have an '04 Stratus V6 with 40,000 miles on it. I take good care of it, regular oil changes, and maintenance.

Recently my low oil pressure light came on at idle. It flickered, then went out, then came back on. Of course, I immediately had oil/filter changed. (Previous change was about 3100 miles previous).

The light still comes on at idle, for the last week or so, after the car warms up. Now today I noticed it coming on in the 1k-2k RPM range as well. It flickers, goes in and out, and then stays on until I accelerate.

Any idea what this is? Any suggestions? I'm planning on taking it in to the dealership, but I really want to go in knowing what it could possibly be.

Thanks!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: '04 Stratus Low Oil Pressure

Do you have an oil pressure gauge ??? If so what does it read ???
Some Dodge set up's use two sendors one for gauge and one for idiot light might be as simple as a bad sending unit for the light

Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 PM
RooK
Rookie

The one on my coupe went bad at around 95k miles. Did the flickering thing as idle. I slapped a new one in and it's been great ever since.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Kyle_S

I have an '04 and it has 66k on it well 20k on the new engine in it, and it does the same thing flicker when coming to a stop and goes out when you accelerate at about 30-35 mph, so it is just the oil sending unit?

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 PM
gjp

I GOT AN 01 STRATUS AND IVE REPLACED MINE THREE TIMES NOW AND FINALLY WENT WITH A DEALER SWITCH AND IT STILL DOES THE SAME. NOT SURE IF ITS A DEALER DEFECT OR WHAT.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Kyle_S

I changed mine about 2 weeks ago and it fixed the problem for now, it's so nice not to have to see that light all the time...
But I hope mine doesn't have to keep getting replaced but $20 and 5 mins labor not sure if it is that big of a deal unless it happens all the time...

Quick Reply: '04 Stratus Low Oil Pressure