Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Loud Humming Noise help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:04 PM
stingbubba
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Humming Noise help

This loud humming has been goin on for about 3 months and i avent done anthing about it.. which probly isnt good. i believe its comin from the right side cause when i turn left it goes away. it also only happens on 30+ MPH, getting louder the faster i go. my steering wheel isnt shaking. sounds like it comin from the rear. yesterday me and a guy i work with changed my right rear wheel bearing thinking it'd do the trick. nope. then he looked at my tire and said that the problem might be there are several different spots where belts have been broken on that tire. so i got my spare full size tire out and i changed that. but i still does it. i have no idea what to do man.

my car is a '97 stratus. 4-door. i think my tires said soemthing like RT4 or soemthing. i cant remember and too lazy to look.

please help me. and thank you.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:21 PM
patracin
Default RE: Loud Humming Noise help

sounds like a wheel bearing in the front cause the noise goes away when you turn if you jack up your car and put one hand on the strut spring and spin the wheel with your other you can feel the roughness of the bearing which ever one is worse is the one to replace hope this helps

Old 03-19-2008, 04:38 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Loud Humming Noise help

I'd bet the bearings are gone or the axle

Old 08-15-2012, 12:21 AM
dodgemramem

had the same problem. Its a wheel bearing. Most likely you will need to replace the whole hub. Pretty easy to do. 100 bucks for part.

Quick Reply: Loud Humming Noise help