Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

DF, my last hope for unknown problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Vice King
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF, my last hope for unknown problem.

i have a feelilng the garage i took my car too (96 Dodge Stratus ES, 2.5L V-6 125,000 miles) is trying to rip me off.

bout a week ago the engine light came on. it would be solid then flash and back to solid light.

my car supposedly has a factory alarm system, but i don't have the keyless remote control, i manually open the doors. this time it wouldn't open, as soon as i turned the key the door would automatically lock before i have time reach the door handle. what i did was force the key to stay open and opened door, all that did was set off the alarm (just the lights flashing the horn blowing) i couldn't stop the alarm so i had to pull the fuse for the horn.

i got it towed to an electrical shop.. i was expecting a quick $100 fix, but now the guy is telling me i got a fuel pump problem, he didn't even look at the problem i told him about, which is the anit-theft/electrical part.

i doubt there is anything wrong with fuel pump, its only obvious that it is not going to work when i've set off the theft system..

so what can be done? and how much am i looking at?

Old 01-03-2005, 06:56 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DF, my last hope for unknown problem.

take it to a mobile electronics place...or call around to some body shops...someone who installs alarms would know..there is likely a kill switch for the fuel system...perhaps find the fuel system fuse and see if anything is around it, like a piggyback for the alarm?

Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Vice King
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DF, my last hope for unknown problem.

i took it to an electrical shop... the guy just pissed me off when he came at me with a fuel pump problem, i dont' have a problem with that, he never looked at the problem i told him about, i had to go and demonstrate how the key does not work... now i'm waiting for the electrician to show up to work.

Quick Reply: DF, my last hope for unknown problem.