Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Check Engine: What the Dealer said...

Old 01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
bittergenius
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine: What the Dealer said...

So I took the Strat to a dealer here in Chicago and they told me that the MAP sensor is not working and needs to be replaced costing $300. Also there is a code for a wires/spark malfunction and they want to tune it up for $600!!!! I said "YEAH RIGHT" so im gonna check into changing the plugs myself.

How hard is it to change the plugs and wires? I bought a Haynes manual but they dont seem to have 3.0 engine in it.

Where can I find an aftermarket MAP sensor?

Thanks guys!

Old 01-06-2005, 10:01 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Check Engine: What the Dealer said...

im nto sure on the MAP sensor..if you PM me the last 9 digits of your VIN, ill check tomorrow at work..

and as for the plugs...theyre a nightmare..but do-able..

Old 01-07-2005, 09:32 PM
bittergenius
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check Engine: What the Dealer said...

Ok, so looking at some diagrams I have desyphered that the 3 rubber connectors on the top of the valve cover where it says "3.0L 24 Valve" are 3 of the spark plug wires correct? I had pulled one off once to see what it was then put it back.

Isnt that a bad place for them? It seems like they would get covered in oil....where do those cables go? Where is the distributor. How do the other 3 cables go under the upper manifold and connect to the other plugs? I am baffled by this engine complexity...

Does N E 1 have pictures of doing the spark plug changing process?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check Engine: What the Dealer said...