Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Eclipse parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Reddin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse parts?

I'm extremely new to the Stratus "scene" so bear with me. I have browsed through the forum thoroughly and noticed that a few people have said that the Eclipse and Stratus are almost exactly the same car. That being said...what will interchange between the 2? Body mods such as tail lights, projection headlights, engine parts, etc. etc? I know someone said that intakes would interchange, but exhaust would need some type of extension as the stratus is longer. I've found several things on ebay for 00-05 eclipse....will they interchange with my 04 stratus? Also, if they WILL interchange, is there any major difference in the eclipse gs or Gt or whatever trim packs they come with? Thanks in advance. Please excuse my rookiness.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:46 PM
ratsttam
Captain
Default RE: Eclipse parts?

You mentioned headlights/taillights. the body style is vastly different, and visual parts such as the headlights, taillights, body kits, etc, would not be interchangeable. More specifically, the engines are the same with some very slight variations for mounting, etc.

The 2g coupe is closest to the eclipse, the sedan is different from the coupe in some ways too.

Maybe post back with your own vehicle specifics, and the folks here could better guide you.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
nate_0022
Captain

Your right. A lot of the stuff from the eclipse will interchange.Most ofthe parts for my car came off an eclipse (spoiler, suspension, intake.) You should know from looking at the car that none of the body mods will interchange.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Dfeeds

So since the two are the same, would it be possible to use an 03 mitsubishi eclipse programmer chip with an 03 dodge stratus r/t?

Old 07-13-2008, 05:03 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dfeeds

So since the two are the same, would it be possible to use an 03 mitsubishi eclipse programmer chip with an 03 dodge stratus r/t?
What is a "Programmer Chip"? Whatever it is, your Mitsu ECU will work around it and it will be worthless. Talk to Logicgate on club3g.com and get yourself an ECU reflash if you want more power.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:53 PM
nate_0022
Captain

ORIGINAL: pearl01stratcpe

What is a "Programmer Chip"? Whatever it is, your Mitsu ECU will work around it and it will be worthless. Talk to Logicgate on club3g.com and get yourself an ECU reflash if you want more power.
+1

Old 07-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Dfeeds

ORIGINAL: pearl01stratcpe

Pardon for my lack of knowledge on the item. I had just found out about it recently and it was referred to me as a "programmer chip" made for Mitsubishi Engines. Further research led me to find several items, the closest to what the description my friend gave me was the "Jet Power Programmer" http://www.car-stuff.com/mitsubishiperformancechip.htm. The description that I was given was a chip that can be installed on a Mitsu engine and can be programmed to increase the torque (which is seriously lacking on the R/T) and horsepower of the engine.

Also my knowledge with this stuff is lacking, just kind of got into this sort of thing so if you could bare with me? haha. However if you don't mind my asking, ECU reflash?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
nate_0022
Captain

This will teach you everything to know about the ECU reflash and tuning.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/eclipse-...ecu-flash.html

Quick Reply: Eclipse parts?