Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus SWAP NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Stratus123qwe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus SWAP NEED HELP

i have a 98 dodge stratus 2.0 sohc 5 speed looking to put a turbo motor in it need help what motor will fit looking for something easy! im not good with wires

eclipse turbo motor???

SRT-4 motor???

PT TURBO motor???

dayton turbo motor???

Old 07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stratus SWAP NEED HELP

your best bet would be to build up your existing engine. The 2.0 is the same engine in the early neons, so you may want to look there to see what some people did. I believe there is some aftermarket parts that would make the engine stand up to forced induction.

if you are going to start swapping in different motors, you are looking at installing a different pcm, heavy modifications, a lot of wiring, etc...

The eclipse motor is used in the 2g stratus (2001+), and our 1g cars don't share with the eclipse (the 2.5v6 came from the mitsu gallant line)
the srt-4 would also fall under the newer years of neons, and also not easilly adapted.
pt-turbo... woulden't hurt to look at what the pt's have in them (i don't like how they look, so never bothered with internals). I could be wrong, but I believe the pt turbo came out around the same time as the srt4 (maybe it's the same? - see above point)
dayton turbo? i assume you mean the daytona? that would precede the 1g stratus, and would also need heavy modification.

Quick Reply: Stratus SWAP NEED HELP