Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

HELP FAST

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
sonicdrft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP FAST

ok heres the deal im working on my brother in laws 98 stratus 2.4 i brought it in for a water pump leaking,and whatever else it needs...i started on it and replaced the two drive belts,new water pump,new timing belt,new thermostat..i got all that done and went to let it down off the lift and i had a fan under it to keep me cool...well i forgot about the fan and left the car down on top of it...big mistake..it pushed the fuel tank up and busted the smaller fuel line nub on the top of the fuel pump assembly...that was a 189.00 mistake...well before i knew it i started it and the fuel dumped all over the ground.well after i got the replaced i started it...now it has a studder while its idling...the after about 10-20 mins it gets worse and finally dies and wont start back up and stay running without hitting the gas...hooked the fuel pressure tester to it and got a erratic reading the bounces in between 45 to 55 psi and when i rev it,it reads a more of a solid 55psi reading and doesnt go higher than that...i spent all day today looking over it and checking everything i did and had a friend check it as well..everything from the timing to the fuel pump...now i dont want to make my brother in law find a way to work another day but i am kinda stuck....any help is greatly greatly appreciated...especially if it is FAST...

thanks
eric

Quick Reply: HELP FAST