Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

clicking noise &

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008 | 11:57 AM
tvillnow
|
Default clicking noise &

I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus SE. There has been a slight clicking noise coming from the front end while idling and speeds up during acceleration. It has also been up shifting and down shifting from first to second gear slightly slow and sometimes jerks. I brought it in to see what was wrong and they told me there was nothing they could do that the transmission was going out and id just have to wait. They put a "conditioner" in the transmission to help it. After they told me this they tried to sell me a new car... so I am not sure if they wanted to help me or just sell me a vehicle.

Any suggestions?!

Old 08-07-2008 | 01:50 PM
ratsttam
Captain

there is always "something" they could to for it. Even if that something is to completely rebuild or replace the transmission. Sounds like they just wanted to scare you into trading it in for a new[er] car. I would take it to a different mechanic for a second opinion.

btw: if you could fill us in on the mileage and if it's the coupe or sedan (they are more different than the number of doors), this information can help somewhat.

Old 08-07-2008 | 06:08 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Yes, please specify coupe or sedan when making a post.

Regardless, theyre both FWD, and it sounds like your CV Axles are starting to die. Check out the boots. Does it do it more when you are turning?

Old 08-12-2008 | 04:11 PM
tvillnow
|

It is a 4 door, I'm 95% sure its a sedan. There is 120,000 miles on it. I had some tranny work done on it last winter. It was some pan... haha, i have no idea. but the tranny was flushed and they replaced a pan or something of the sort. No the noise does not get any louder or do anything different while turning. It also makes the clicking noise while i have the car running and in park. BTW, they did say I could have the tranny rebuilt, but it has been running and shifting just fine after having the oil changed, fluids added to and the conditioner put in the tranny

Old 08-12-2008 | 04:42 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

I'm doubting it's the tranny ...you say it does it in park ... sounds to me that it's an accessory item making the noise running off the belt , AC clutch, alternator ,tensioner, ect ...

Quick Reply: clicking noise &