Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.
View Poll Results: Which one
coupe
100.00%
sedan
0%
LH car
0%
other (if this one, please list a recommendation)
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Should I or shouldn't I

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008 | 01:09 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
|
Record Breaker
Default Should I or shouldn't I

I've decided recently that I'm going to retire my Intrepid as it has passed the 161K mark and I have had it for six happy years now. I am certainly considering to get another used Intrepid or 300M for that matter, but I'm still considering other possibilities. In short, the Stratus has been on my list on the basis of having the capability to get a manual transmission with either coupe or sedan. What I'm basically wanting to know is which one to get as I know the only thing they share is the name as the sedan is a true Chrysler product and the coupe is an Eclipse. The issue I have which is making this decision difficult is the V6 engine choices in both cars. I have had more than one bad experience with the 3.0L Mitsubishi and have since driven a Stratus coupe with one and we didn't get along, and I don't like the 2.7L for its peaky power characteristics, buzzy feeling, and bad reputation. I guess the question I have is there any one one of Chrysler's other V6s could be dropped into either one of these cars like the 3.2L, 3.3L, or 3.5L with the manual? If not do you have any other suggestions? Or should I just let it go and stay with an LH car or something else?

Quick Reply: Should I or shouldn't I