Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dodge Stratus DF Group! Join!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 PM
notamechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.2 Liter Loud Tapping noise

please help,

im trying to sell my 02 status (3.2L) but I want to be able to give an honest answer to the question all will ask... "whats that loud noise?"

it used to only happen on cold starts. at first just for a few minutes. then as time went on it got louder and louder. recently I haven't been driving it and when I start it to make sure I can sell it the noise never stops now. I have let it run for almost an hour before, and it continues to knock. Help me!!??

Old 02-16-2014, 05:25 PM
StratusJohnny
Angry Stratus - No Start Electrical System

Originally Posted by mikal2001
I have a 1999 dodge stratus and it was working good yesterday. I got up this morning to go to class and it would not crank the dashbord lite wont even come on i got my battery charged and a new starter and still nothing someone said that it could the anti thief system can someone please help me

Similar happened to me 2013 and it was the Distributor that had to be replaced in my 1998 3.8 model with 156K mileage in October 2013. Replacement of "Crank only" was not the answer.
Yes, Distributors do go bad! it is expensive repair.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Raist05

Originally Posted by notamechanic
please help,

im trying to sell my 02 status (3.2L) but I want to be able to give an honest answer to the question all will ask... "whats that loud noise?"

it used to only happen on cold starts. at first just for a few minutes. then as time went on it got louder and louder. recently I haven't been driving it and when I start it to make sure I can sell it the noise never stops now. I have let it run for almost an hour before, and it continues to knock. Help me!!??
Timing belt maybe I'd look into that.. It's a fairly rough job

Old 03-01-2014, 12:28 PM
peeinurbeer
Default Help?

I have a 2003 Stratus and sometimes, more often than not, when I shut off the car and exit, the horn will go off for about straight 30 seconds or so? Any idea on what that could be or what I could do to stop it?

Quick Reply: Dodge Stratus DF Group! Join!