Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

01 R/t Coupe 2 door 3.0 ltr, rear suspeneions help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 AM
bestfreestylist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 01 R/t Coupe 2 door 3.0 ltr, rear suspeneions help

Ok over time my back tires started leaning inward. Now i have replaced everything on the rear suspension exept the coil springs.

please any advise would help me

How do i get my back tires straight again. ????

Old 09-12-2008, 10:03 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Have you taken the car to a tire place to do an aligmnent? Places like that have special meters to gauge the toe and camber of your tires, and are trained to put things back where the manufacturer intended.

I had work done on my '00 that left my tires dragging, it was chewing them up pretty quickly. One of the chain tire places up my way was able to get me 2 brand new tires, and did a 4 wheel alignment for ~$160. Made the ride feel like new.

This link won't explain how to do the alignment yourself, but will explain all the things that need adjusted, especially after having suspension work done to the car. In my opinion, it's well worth shelling out the money to have a pro do this. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=4

Last edited by ratsttam; 09-12-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added link to technical information
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
bestfreestylist
Ok a little bit about the rear suspension...

NOTE:

*** THERE IS NO CAMBER ADJUSTMENT ***
** Only alignment is the toe in and toe out, and i got that down great **

Could it be my coil spring? I do what the manual says but it comes out tilted.

Though It happened to someone else and they could point me into the direction of what it might be.

maybe a bent, or warped body?

* what if i disconnect the strut and jack up the tire to torgue all the bushings on the control arms and connecting parts? *

I do know that the bushings are extremley tuff when twisted. maybe this could help me hold up the tire so it does not tilt.

the first thing i replaced was the strut. and it was a pain to get on. the suspension wanted to go up. after replaceing everything. it just slid on with no effort or pull from the control arms wanting to go upward....

thanks for any imput. im trying to figure all this out as i go along replacing parts with parts from another stratus.

P.S. I found that the .Mercury Calant. also has the exact same rear suspension and engines as the stratus, as does the eclipse as most of you know.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mercury Calant? You mean Mitsubishi Galant? Its the ST-22 platform.

I had this same issue with mine. When I lowered it, it was even worse. What you need to do is get it aligned. If they can't bring it in to where it should be, you need to make a camber kit. Its costs all of $30.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/suspensi...ml#post1717882

Old 09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
bestfreestylist

well thanks i know what i need to do now, the pics didnt work but i finally firured out where the forum was talking about the 4 bolts on the rear suspension, it would of been easier to say the upper control arm mounting brakets.

Last edited by bestfreestylist; 09-15-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The shiny parts are the new bolts. The washers go between the mounting brackets and the frame. There was an excellent exploded diagram of it, but I can't find it now.

Name:  04aef6b8.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  75.9 KB

Old 09-16-2008, 11:01 AM
bestfreestylist

thanks i got the hardward, and know how to do it.

thanks for the help

Quick Reply: 01 R/t Coupe 2 door 3.0 ltr, rear suspeneions help