Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Fog light relay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
adamdubyu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light relay?

The fog lights in my 2000 dodge stratus ES don't work. I checked the fuse box's and found no fuse related to them.

Im thinking there must be a relay someware, but cant seem to find it or find information on it.

the light in the dash doesnt come on to show the foglights are on when i turn the switch.

Also, in the same switch, i can't turn on my interior lights by turning the dimmer **** all the way up.

I never thought fog lights would be so difficult to fix but i've seen the wiring diagram, and if the bulb in the dash is blown, the lights don't work. So its either the bulb, the switch, or a relay.

Im hoping for a relay, and im hoping someone on here can help me find it!

Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on 2000 coupe models the fog light switch recieves power from the #4 fuse (15a) in the eng compartment relay box. there is a junction block between the fuse and switch(connector) check for dirt and grime. the fog lights recieve power from the #5 fuse (15a) in the same box. of course there is the relay between the #5 fuse and the foglights themselves, as is the headlight dimmer/passing switch (the flash the brights one). check to see if that works, if not you know it's the relay. should be under the hood, 1" black cubes, and don't look under just one box as i have no idea were the relay is (guessing by the head lamp). most all relays are interchangable, just make sure it's the same part number and swap away, it won't hurt anything.

school time: relays are powered switches. you have a low side and a high side. the low powered side is the switch (like a light switch) that activates the high powered side (like a fog light with an elctro mag switch. hope this helps happy motoring!

Quick Reply: Fog light relay?