Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Need help with Stratus' twin the "Breeze"

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:37 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Stratus' twin the "Breeze"

Hey all has anyone else had this problem??

We just picked up a 1997 Plymouth Breeze it is a twin to a Stratus for a good price as is. It had 135,000 on it but clean, good body, paint and new tires. The engine was replaced in it before we bought it and only had 85,000 on it we got the receipt. As I was driving it home the speedo and tach went out so we took it to a mechanic and he checked the speed sensor and tranny hook ups and all. He said the people who replaced the engine probably didn't disconnect all the wires and pinched or stretched on what he called the BCM or Brake Control Module. He had the car for 2 weeks and didn't even charge me for tearing into it because he wants to fix it right (I gave him some $ for dinner anyway) and he knows I really don't want to pay $400 + for a new one so he's searching for a used one for me. We can drive the car, just don't speed, or stick with a few cars while driving it to maintain the speed limits. It's our 3rd car so no real rush.

But doing a search there is not "Brake " control mod, but there is a CHASSIS BRAIN BOX BODY CONT (BCM), is this the same thing.

Anyone have a fix for this or any other suggestions on where to get one of these BCM's cheap?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:54 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it's not the speed sensor??? That has the same symptoms as you have ...
speed sensors a $20 part ...

As for the cable it's standard wire can't you replace it ???

I don't have the manual to check on it ...

Old 01-25-2009, 09:35 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bad Venge, yeah he replaced that first thinking that was it sorry forgot to put that in the 1st email. I'm waiting for the info on the remanufactured part from a parts place now. Again thanks, H-

Quick Reply: Need help with Stratus' twin the "Breeze"