Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Turbo 2.4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the 5-speed is your only option in building up this car...to give you an idea..

my strat rt coupe with the autostick, smaller tires, cai, catback, and mounts ran a best time of something like 15.96...pghsebrings 95 sebring coupe (I4 5speed) ran in the 16.50s stock as a rock. a good clutch, the bottle and a throttle body put it into the high 14s.
my automatic makes the car MUCH slower than the 5-speed models..and while i dont think that your build idea is a bad one, using the auto trans will defeat your whole purpose...

Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
now now pearl...everyone started somewhere...were not all born knowing everything and driving a 12 second car like you are...
Haha, yes, I know my car isnt fast at all, but I have done a little bit of research on the subject because it is something I have thought about for the future. I was in the same boat, but am doing a bit of reading before I jump into it.

My point wasnt to discourage the OP, but to help him realize this is a HUGE project, and isnt something that should be done on a whim.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:28 PM
on3fierce5tratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just called a salvage yard not that far from my house and they have a PT Cruiser with a 5 speed and a turbo. The guy said he'll hold on to it for a few months and if I don't come get it its crusher food. I'm probably not gonna partake in the project until next summer because I have no garage space, but when I do, I'll post pictures along the way. I think this is gonna be the easiest way to boost the NA to a turbo. And I'm not 100% positive I want to do this project yet but it is one that I've been looking into for quite some time now.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl01stratcpe
Haha, yes, I know my car isnt fast at all, but I have done a little bit of research on the subject because it is something I have thought about for the future. I was in the same boat, but am doing a bit of reading before I jump into it.

My point wasnt to discourage the OP, but to help him realize this is a HUGE project, and isnt something that should be done on a whim.
i understand..but you could have driven the thought home with some colorful adjectives, rather than calling the kid a name...

OP, what does he want for the drivetrain? it might still be cheaper for you to buy a turbo car.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:53 PM
on3fierce5tratus

I want a FWD 5 speed with a 2.4L turbo

Old 02-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Ricky Simonton
Default stratus R/T

What can i do to my stratus to give it a nice kick to it? I have a 5-speed coupe with a 3.0 in it.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:08 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, I was harsh back in the day

Originally Posted by Ricky Simonton
What can i do to my stratus to give it a nice kick to it? I have a 5-speed coupe with a 3.0 in it.
Cheaply? Nothing really. Some folks like to put on an intake, and do exhaust but they really dont do much but make the car sound faster. Taking the intake manifold from the 3.5 Diamante motor was popular for a while.

Its possible to take the 3.8l V6 from the 06-12 Eclipse (6G75) or the 3.5l V6 from various Mitsubishi models (6G74).

You can always go turbo but it will cost you.

Quick Reply: Turbo 2.4?