Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

02 stratus

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 10:59 AM
walson
|
Default 02 stratus

We have an 02 dodge stratus changed the altenator and its charging but after it runs for a bit you hear what appears to be a relay pop and the light comes back on. I was wondering where should we start in finding the problem?

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:56 PM
ratsttam
Captain

what we need from you before we can really help you...
Year (check), coupe or sedan, engine size, other electrical items that may not be factory (since it seems to be an electrical problem somewhere).

It's been said many times throughout this forum, that the 01-06 stratus can be two different cars (sedan = dodge, coupe = Mitsubishi), further complicated by several engine trims.

Old 05-08-2009 | 07:42 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by walson
We have an 02 dodge stratus changed the altenator and its charging but after it runs for a bit you hear what appears to be a relay pop and the light comes back on. I was wondering where should we start in finding the problem?
Ok, I forgot to ask a few further questions in my prior post. We still need that info BTW.
You hear what you think is a relay popping? where do you hear this sound coming from, as specifically as possible. and "the light comes back on" can you at least tell us WHAT light?

Quick Reply: 02 stratus