Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

question!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005 | 10:40 PM
CoyoteRoede
|
All Star
Default question!

ok. i got my car back from a dealer that fixed it and they had to put a new timing belt on. evidently they had to take it off to get the water pump out. does this make sense to anyone cause this is all greek to me. the car seems to have a little more pickup since they put that belt on. i against paying for the timing belt because it was fine when i brought it in. they had to have messed something up when they did it or something. give me some feed back and tell me what you think.

Old 03-17-2005 | 01:34 AM
dishdude
Default RE: question!

the car is 8 yrs old.. has it ever been replaced?? its a maint. issue that probably needed addressed.. when they took it off it prob was worn to the effect that they could not re install the same belt.. look on the bright side.. replace it now.. save some labor.. they needed it off anyhow.. or replace it later.. when your stuck on the side of the road with no car.. and a tow truck.. with the labor all over again!

Quick Reply: question!