Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

What is this part called?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this part called?

Well, I have an vacuum leak in the throttle body area. when I sprayed carb cleaner around there, my rough idle went up to higher rpms's

I thought it was the throttle body gasket or the IAC valve gasket, but turns out, when I was removing the throttle body to replace the gasket, I say this part below on the end of the throttle body with no screw holding it down.

It has a small O-ring on it, so if since this wasnt screwed down, this Im sure is the source of the vacuum leak.

Well, I pulled it off with ease, and in the hole where it goes the little plastic piece next to it was loose sitting inside.

Looks like the little plastic piece has another half which I cant find...

What is the whole mechanism called? Im going to either get a screw to mount it back on or buy a new one but I dont know what it is lol.

Also, the little plastic piece, where does it go? lol

thanx, Lance

Old 06-10-2009, 12:05 AM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie

http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/inde...ded&pid=413288

Found another thread where the guy had the exact same idle problem, same codes, and same part loose on the TB lol

Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 AM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie

Welll tightening down that part on the throttle body did the trick. My idle is smooth is by silk now, purrrs like a kitten-
No engine codes thus far since erasing them so we shall see, but the idle is definitely perfect now!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:38 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you able to get another picture of that piece in the throttle body? I have one sitting here and I can't locate that piece. I'm just curious for future reference.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was this a 2.4 or 3.0?

Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 AM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie

It was a 2.4 and if looking at the throttle body when it is installed, on the bottom front, about 3 inches below where the sensor is attached to the throttle bod, there is a round metal plate with a screw holding it down. That screw had come out and the plate was partly out so I could see the metal coil a little coming out-

I try to remember to take a picture and circle it while installed in the car as it is in there now-

Quick Reply: What is this part called?