Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Little black box????

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting...thanks for checking.

which mirrors do you guys have? i wonder now if ill be able to just replace the auto dimming mirror without messing with the compass controls.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
nightrider340
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the auto dimming.... mine stopped working yesterday.... mine is just a wiring problem... I can wiggle them and it starts working again... need to check to see if it has a connector on it or hardwired in....

Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah..my subs worked those wires loose long ago, but when i look at my mirror, half of it looks different, and at first part of it still dimmed, but now none of it does.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 AM
jengelh6471

I got the same problem. Only thing is, I made it a lot worse. I made the biggest mistake I've ever made. I took the wires out of the connector in back of the mirror to check for breaks, but stupid me forgot to write down which way the wires went back in. Now I don't have radio, keyless entry, interior lights and compass. I have 2002 stratus r/t with I believe 7 place connector but only 5 wires go into it. If some one here could take a look and write it down or take a picture of it I would be extremely grateful. At a loss now since can't find a pinout diagram of it anywhere.

At this point I don't care if the mirror doesn't work no more, but need a radio..

Thanks guys!

Old 12-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Chip Bell
Default Here ya go

Originally Posted by jengelh6471
I got the same problem. Only thing is, I made it a lot worse. I made the biggest mistake I've ever made. I took the wires out of the connector in back of the mirror to check for breaks, but stupid me forgot to write down which way the wires went back in. Now I don't have radio, keyless entry, interior lights and compass. I have 2002 stratus r/t with I believe 7 place connector but only 5 wires go into it. If some one here could take a look and write it down or take a picture of it I would be extremely grateful. At a loss now since can't find a pinout diagram of it anywhere.

At this point I don't care if the mirror doesn't work no more, but need a radio..

Thanks guys!
i think a pic attached. It's from right to left with the clip on the bottom; red, blue, white, brown or tan maybe, green.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:49 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip Bell
i think a pic attached. It's from right to left with the clip on the bottom; red, blue, white, brown or tan maybe, green.
Well, at least the search function is working properly. This thread is over 10 years old.

Quick Reply: Little black box????