Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Cig Lighter

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Brymac76
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cig Lighter

Hey Folks,

Recently my friends Phone charger got stuck in the cig ligher on my 2005 Stratus. I pulled as hard asi could before i felt the plastic houseing around it was about to break.. I had to unscrew the lighter receptical ..put it in a vice and then pry the charger out of it.

I screwd the lighter recepticle back in (alot harder then taking it out) and now it wont work. I use it for my GPS but im not getting any power....any ideas what it might be? ive checked all the fuses etc. I havnt taken the dash apart yet because im not positive how to do it. Its a company car and i dont want to mess with it till i know how to do it...any suggestions?

Thanks.
Mac

Old 08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Bcypher1984
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a similar problem were my cig lighter stopped working. I've got a '04 stratus sedan and there is a red and black wire (i believe that they are the colors, not sure on the color but there are only 2 wires near the outlet). 1 wire is attatched to the side and the other wire plugs onto the back of the power outlet. I pushed the 2nd wire back onto its terminal and everything has worked fine since. I had the center console out to run a different wire and was able to get my hand behind the outlet. That was the easiest way to fix the power outlet without taking apart the entire dashboard.

Quick Reply: Cig Lighter