Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

stratus dash problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
BigCat41121
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stratus dash problem

I've got a 2003 stratus sxt 2.4l and the dash pad is severely warped near the front air vent/duct. As near as i can tell this seems to be a common problem with these cars as most of the used ones in my area have the same warping problem.

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas for a fix?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:05 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Pull it out and use liquid nails glue. There is a thread here about it. I helped someone repair theres once, and it came out great.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:25 PM
rmsmith58
Default Dodge dash problems

I, too, am having problems with my dash coming aloose, and have been since I purchased it in 2005. Several people have approached me since owning the car asking if I was having dash problems. I contacted Dodge within the first year of owning the car and was told it was not a manufacturing defect and they would not repair it free of charge. That's a bunch of crap if you ask me, because if everyone is having the problem seems to me it is a manufacturing defect, and I should not have to pay for it to be fixed. I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, so hopefully something will be done about this. I can't believe that more people have not posted something about this on this website, but they are probably like me, think it won't help. But i thought I'd see if anyone else will respond who has the same problem. Thank you.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Originally Posted by rmsmith58
I, too, am having problems with my dash coming aloose, and have been since I purchased it in 2005. Several people have approached me since owning the car asking if I was having dash problems. I contacted Dodge within the first year of owning the car and was told it was not a manufacturing defect and they would not repair it free of charge. That's a bunch of crap if you ask me, because if everyone is having the problem seems to me it is a manufacturing defect, and I should not have to pay for it to be fixed. I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, so hopefully something will be done about this. I can't believe that more people have not posted something about this on this website, but they are probably like me, think it won't help. But i thought I'd see if anyone else will respond who has the same problem. Thank you.
I know of many many people who had the issue. Its a fairly easy, but time consuming fix. Like I mentioned previously, there is a thread about this on here where I posted pictures.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sons has the same problem. Tried the glue route but the padding was so badly delaminating it pulled right back apart. $600 for a new OEM dash pad wasn't going to happen. Went with the carpeted dash cover for $30 and sewed the defrost vents into it. Doesn't look too bad and is definitely better than what it looked like before. I think if you catch it early enough the glue should work but his was hideous and had 126,000 mi. on it when he got it. The rest of the car is gorgeous though. Woman driven and interstate miles.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Neon Guy 05
Default Stratus Dash Problem

I have the same problem with my dash. Car is beautiful with exception of dash pulling away from the defroster vent. Also it is pulling away from the top of the dash by the speedometer as well going across. Where's the instructions on how to fix this? People say there are repair instructions in this thread but I don't see them. Help!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:06 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Quick Reply: stratus dash problem