Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Help! Water Leak...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009 | 03:59 PM
ctank01
|
Default Help! Water Leak...

Hello... I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T

I have noticed a water leak, that is seeping up through the carpet in the front driver's side floor board. Has anyone else had this problem? Where is the water coming from? I have pulled the seat and carpet, used a water hose all around the driver's side front of the car and can not find the leak. Please someone...help me out.

Old 09-12-2009 | 07:16 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Is it water or coolant? I beleive it has something to do with the heater core or something getting clogged. Look directly behind the center of dash; something should have water. I have never had this problem, but others have.

Old 09-12-2009 | 08:08 PM
ctank01
|

It is just water. From what I have been reading, is seems to be that the A/C evaporater drain is clogged. However, I haven't been able to locate the drain to check this problem. I thought it was a leak from all the rain lately, but I took a water hose and sprayed all over the car, under the car, etc....and nothing. So, it has to be from the A/C. Now, I just have to locate the drain.

Old 09-12-2009 | 08:28 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Here is the service manual (You own an Eclipse) ((You do have the coupe right?))

http://tearstone.com/shop/2000-2002-...ce-Manual.html

Old 09-13-2009 | 02:58 PM
john1782
Professional

Originally Posted by ctank01
It is just water. From what I have been reading, is seems to be that the A/C evaporater drain is clogged. However, I haven't been able to locate the drain to check this problem. I thought it was a leak from all the rain lately, but I took a water hose and sprayed all over the car, under the car, etc....and nothing. So, it has to be from the A/C. Now, I just have to locate the drain.

Thought the A/C drain was on the passengers side?

Old 10-06-2009 | 05:48 PM
beamsjr
Default I have the same problem...

I have an 04 stratus with the same problem. In my car the drain is on the drivers side. If you remove the air intake and pull the heat shield up behind it you will see the drain tube. Not sure an 01 would be the same though. I have tried blowing out the drain tube and removing the bottom housing to the evaporator to clean out the leaves and dirt. I cant get the drain pan out because of some screws at the front of the pan, but I was able to bend it down slightly so I could get a small vacuum in to clean it out. I still have a small leak. I think there is something wrong with the seal for the tube somewhere.

Hope this helps

Old 10-07-2009 | 10:16 PM
ctank01
|

I did the same to my car, but it is still leaking. I found the drain tube, almost dead center, on the driver's side engine firewall. I pulled out the center console, unscrewed the drain pan, except for the front screws...which were impossible to get to. I blew the drain tube out with an air hose, and tried to clean out the pan with a shop vac. But even after all the work...it is still leaking. So, I am not sure where to go from here. I don't mind taking it to the dealer to get it looked...but I am the type of person that likes to do things on my own...plus this is a project car of mine.

Old 10-08-2009 | 08:06 PM
beamsjr
Smile Fixed

Ok, I figured out my problem. It seems that the seal from the evaporator pan going out the firewall was done. I pulled out as much of the seal I could and used some RTV sealer to seal around the drain inside the car where it exited the firewall. I ran the car for about an hour with the air on an had no leak.

Quick Reply: Help! Water Leak...