Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Fuel injection issue help :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
mb09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injection issue help :(

I have a 1996 dodge stratus. Here is the story, it ran fine, was leaking power steering fluid. It caught fire. I replaced all the power steering lines. Repaired the wiring harness. (There was only 2 wires damaged I fixed) The fire was put out immediately. Here it goes, I start the car, have to keep the key turned over to finally get it to start. CRANK CRANK CRANK CRANK.... I get alot of back fire. I have some white smoke when it warms up it barely stays started. All vaccum lines are good that I can tell. I move to the fuel injection system, un plug each connector 1 at a time while running. Each one did something, I get to the far one on passenger side, I unplug the connector to the injector,nothing different happens, Next I hook up the volt meter to the connectors. 3 connectors tested 12v or more. The connector that did nothing reads like 130 mv? What would cause this? Do you think this is my whole issue? I am stomped....

Quick Reply: Fuel injection issue help :(