Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

PLEASE HELP!!! 2000 2.5 L won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
USMC3521
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!! 2000 2.5 L won't start.

I have a 2000 with a 2.5L. The engine was just replaced last week (threw a rod) and ran great the other night (Friday). Saturday morning it does not start. It cranks over with no problem, I have fuel in the rail, I have spark, I have about 145 psi compression. I also have no codes. I'm typically against this but I shot a little ether in the throttle body (opened) while cranking and not even a pop was heard. I looked in the valve cover to see if the valves are moving and they are. I'm at loss with this car. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 PM
wadeamca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double-check your timing marks. Make sure your #1 is at TDC and that your cam(s) and crank marks are exact. My Haynes manual tells me that if the Crankshaft Position Sensor and the PCM are not communicating, the engine won't start. They are right. Mine wouldn'trun. Even though I was told that the CPS was new, I still re-replaced it after I had already replaced the distributor and the plugs and the wires and the computer. then (after putting a new CPS (that I bought and installed), lo and behold, it started (after spending about $750 trying to get this thing to run - including taking it to a shop for them to tell me that everything I did was correct, but that they couldn't figure out what was wrong). Start with the CPS - on a 2.5L V6, it was a fairly simple job to do. Plus it's cheaper than the computer.

Wayne

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!!! 2000 2.5 L won't start.