Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

HELP ME! Stratus R/T Insurance is terrible!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 AM
s2knott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME! Stratus R/T Insurance is terrible!

Hey guys im new here, and i will be getting my license soon. I found a perfect 03 Stratus R/T thats white with chrome wheels. It awsome and i fell in love with the car the minute i saw it! Anyways theres 1 huge problem, i wouldve bought the car if the insurance wasnt terrible. For some reason my dad got a quote giving the stratus r/t the same insurance rating number as a Corvette......is the right? I know its hard to believe, but whats even more shocking is that i got the quote that said it would be $4100 a year to insure me as the primary driver on the car. That is rediculous, im pretty sure that something is wrong here and thats why i need your help. Any younger drivers with r/t's could really help me out here! I will instantly buy this car the insurance turns out to be less than $2500 a year, but i cant go below that. I also check with all of my friends who own cars such as, Ford Ranger, Ford F150, Ford Focus, Chevy Monte Carlo, Chevy Camaro, and a Jeep Cherokee and NONE of them pay more than $2500 for insurance. So what i am hoping is that the insurance quote was wrong because i just cant see how a stratus could cost that much to insure. Please help me out here! thanks.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:12 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HELP ME! Stratus R/T Insurance is terrible!

holy crap...i pay like 990 a year...26yo, no accidents, no tickets...i have a friend who has a DUI on his record, and has totalled two vehicles, once while drunk, and he doesnt pay that much on a mustang ragtop!

Old 05-01-2005, 03:56 AM
rickyz232

holy **** that is alot!!! im 18 and i have two totalled cars and 4 tickets on my record.....and i drive a 02 r/t and i still only pay about 2900 a year as the primary driver for full coverage.....there must be something wrong....call the insurance agent yourself and get a quote on it....i guarantee itll be less

Old 05-08-2005, 05:39 AM
mbemount

Dang, I've been in 2 accidents, 2 tickets, had a suspended license and mine's only like 1860 a year (full coverage)...... and I have a 03 R/T

Old 05-08-2005, 12:55 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those numbers are often affected by crash test, theft numbers, and so on. They may feel it's just not a safe car.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but mine is very low...like 20 bucks a month lower than the SRT4 woudl have been

Old 05-08-2005, 03:37 PM
clayeth

get a quote from a different company

Old 03-24-2007, 05:00 AM
Woobang

LOL thought this was funny so I'll bring it back up

I pay $720 a year ($360 every 6 months) Age 33 no tickets in 10 years and no DUI's ever. It pays to be careful

Old 03-24-2007, 05:37 AM
B_52
Professional

Your not alone, as Ive heard similar figures from many other young drivers. You can probably thank the "Fast and Furious" idiots for the high rates.
If you can find any joy in being old, it is in car insurance. I pay about $600/yr for full on my 02.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:01 PM
nmason
Veteran

i just bought a 98 stratus last week. moved from a 96 dodge ram 1500. the stratus is actually a little more than the truck, which is what i had expected. im 25 with one accident and one ticket. im paying 1380/year. just for arguments sake, in feb my friend, 28 with an accident, careless, driving without licence, insurance, all teh goos stuff. he was quoted almost 10k/year for a 97 cirrus. you dont want to pay high rates then get a 4banger stratus till you get some experiance then get yourself that rt in a few years.

Quick Reply: HELP ME! Stratus R/T Insurance is terrible!