Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Stratus 2.4 L water(?) leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010 | 07:22 PM
xheadxcreepsx02
|
Default 2000 Stratus 2.4 L water(?) leak

Hi there. First off I only know the basics about cars so if I say something wrong feel free to correct me.

I just recently discovered what appears to be a water leak on my 2000 Stratus coming through my driver's side floor underneath the matt and the passenger side as well. I was just curious as to any ideas where it could be leaking from and if you too think it sounds like a water leak.

I literally just had my water pump replaced, so could there be any link there? Thanks for your time and help.

-derek

Old 02-25-2010 | 05:56 PM
castlenut
Professional

Derek can you check to see if you still have heat? It could be heater core. It wouldn't be the pump. The pump is mounted to the engine....

Old 02-26-2010 | 04:16 AM
xheadxcreepsx02
|

Yeah, since I've made this post I've become pretty positive it's the heater core. The car was starting to smell like fish inside (antifreeze), but I couldn't quite find the source of the leak, but it's there somewhere. So yeah, I'm pretty positive that's it. Could anyone tell me a guess of what people would charge to fix it? I researched it and pretty much say a minimum of $400. I would guess due to them having to take the dash off.

Thanks for your help Castlenut!

Old 03-04-2010 | 02:25 PM
castlenut
Professional

Yeagh I don't know what that would cost but I know it's a real pain the butt to get to! I think I did one of those many moons back. It was a real pain in the hole! Good luck!!

Old 03-05-2010 | 03:58 AM
xheadxcreepsx02
|

hahaha well I have since met a guy who works at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership who works from his home as well. He said $450 due to the fact the he has to remove the dash (as expected). He also mentioned something I could buy that'd temporarily seal the leak that you just poor in your antifreeze reservoir so that's the plan until I get tax returns back which should be soon. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 2000 Stratus 2.4 L water(?) leak