Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Parts - Pulleys and Idlers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 AM
crapshoot6987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts - Pulleys and Idlers

I've been having a problem with my 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T. I'm getting a LOUD squealing from the passenger side of the engine compartment. It's usually a quiet whine when I start the car, but as it heats up the whine gets louder and more consistent. I've replaced all the belts. I've also taken apart the whole power steering and drivebelt system. When I spin the pulleys, it seems to be the power steering tensioner pulley that is making the most grinding noises. I've looked for replacements and there no where to be found.

Does anyone know where to find a replacement power steering tensioner pulley for an '01 Dodge Stratus R/T (3.0 L)? Or decent pricing for a new idler pulley for the drive system? Do you think I'm on the right track? I check the P/S pump and it's rotating easily with no chatter. Also, the alternator and compressor seem to be fine.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try your local dealer for the pulley? I googled this 4 you. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sh...e/stratus.html I would be careful though with these after market parts. I once replaced the harmonic balancer on my girls car after I chipped it getting it off [But thats another story!}] with the Dorman kind and it turned out wasn't built to specs. It didn't press into the crankshaft all the way and was whining like a stuck pig! I scratched my head on that one till I realized that the pulley was sitting out by I think was a quarter of an inch! So watch out! I would just go to the dealer for that one...

let us know...

Last edited by castlenut; 04-08-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 PM
crapshoot6987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I've checked this website already. It's listing all the 2.4L and 2.0L engine pulleys. The only 3.0L pulley it has listed is the idler pulley. I avoid the dealers at all cost because of the huge mark-up, but I may be outta luck.

Quick Reply: Parts - Pulleys and Idlers