Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 dodge stratus shaking problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 PM
brakepad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 dodge stratus shaking problem

Hi all,

I have this 2004 dodge stratus 2.4 with 75K miles on it. It started shaking at low RPM couple weeks ago. I just noticed that when it shakes, all the lights, including head lights, dash board lights, and the roof light. What could be the problems? Thanks.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:56 PM
ratsttam
Captain

I just noticed that when it shakes, all the lights, including head lights, dash board lights, and the roof light.
What do they do?

It would also help to know if you have a sedan or coupe, and which engine you have, previous maintenance, etc... the more you tell us, the more we can help you.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:37 PM
brakepad

Originally Posted by ratsttam
What do they do?

It would also help to know if you have a sedan or coupe, and which engine you have, previous maintenance, etc... the more you tell us, the more we can help you.
Thank you for your replay. This is a 2004 dodge stratus sedan. 2.4 I4 engine. No previous maintenance was done except oil change. I don't drive much, so I change engine oil every six months. The engine light has been on for a few years. The code read was something with the emission system. No problems before. The car started shaking at low RPM couple weeks ago. The engine stopped running once at a traffic light. Today, I noticed the lights flash when the car shakes. When the lights flashed, they didn't go off but just went dim. The car shakes at parking too.

Last edited by brakepad; 05-14-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:26 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like either worn out motor mounts or the timing is off a few teeth.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:27 AM
brakepad

Originally Posted by pearl01stratcpe
Sounds like either worn out motor mounts or the timing is off a few teeth.
Thanks for the input. Could the worn out motor mounts cause the lights flash?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
pklein

hi i have an 04 dodge stratus with the 4 cylinder dohc engine, i have also had the same problem. my car shakes and/or stalls at almost every light i stop at, my lights also dimmed. i have had the codes pulled and its the o2 sensor in the first bank, thats what the "emission system" means, i hope this helps o2 sensors are only about 32 bucks. what else helps is pick up a haynes repair manual they work wonders! hope this helps if you have any questions email me at pklein1390@aol.com and put the subject as "stratus".

Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 PM
brakepad

Originally Posted by pklein
hi i have an 04 dodge stratus with the 4 cylinder dohc engine, i have also had the same problem. my car shakes and/or stalls at almost every light i stop at, my lights also dimmed. i have had the codes pulled and its the o2 sensor in the first bank, thats what the "emission system" means, i hope this helps o2 sensors are only about 32 bucks. what else helps is pick up a haynes repair manual they work wonders! hope this helps if you have any questions email me at pklein1390@aol.com and put the subject as "stratus".
Thanks pklein. Maybe I should take the car to autozone to have the code read.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
pklein

Your welcome, just make sure your check engine light is on so they can get an accurate reading

Quick Reply: 2004 dodge stratus shaking problem